Good Pro Shop in the San Diego, Southern California area?

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
ChevyCam

Good Pro Shop in the San Diego, Southern California area?

Post by ChevyCam »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but have just gotten back into bowling in the past few months after not bowling since I was a kid and am new to the San Diego area.

I'm having ball fit issues, most notable is that my span is way too stretched with the edge of the fingertip grip right at my first knuckle crease on my middle finger and even farther past the crease on my ring ringer by about 1/8". This is making my ring finger nail pop out of the hole.

Unfortunately I didn't realize this was wrong until I started doing research. And the pro shop I have been dealing with seems to think this stretched span is correct, even after asking.

So I'm hopefully looking for any recommendation for a pro shop in the San Diego / SoCal area who knows how to do a real proper fit. It would be great if it was with the MoRich system as this seems very thorough.

Thanks for any help!

Mike
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Good Pro Shop in the San Diego, Southern California area

Post by Mo Pinel »

ChevyCam wrote:Hello,

I'm new to this forum but have just gotten back into bowling in the past few months after not bowling since I was a kid and am new to the San Diego area.

I'm having ball fit issues, most notable is that my span is way too stretched with the edge of the fingertip grip right at my first knuckle crease on my middle finger and even farther past the crease on my ring ringer by about 1/8". This is making my ring finger nail pop out of the hole.

Unfortunately I didn't realize this was wrong until I started doing research. And the pro shop I have been dealing with seems to think this stretched span is correct, even after asking.

So I'm hopefully looking for any recommendation for a pro shop in the San Diego / SoCal area who knows how to do a real proper fit. It would be great if it was with the MoRich system as this seems very thorough.

Thanks for any help!

Mike
Being an East Coaster, you guys in So Cal will need to help him. Check with IBPSIA (800-659-9444) for any Advanced Certified ball drillers in So Cal.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Bumping this topic to find a top notch PSO in San Diego or L.A. for member Nord.
Read his comment in a current thread.

See post 54 in thread.
viewtopic.php?p=107561#p107561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can we help this person?
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

If you can't find anybody else, I would call around the bowling alleys and find where Don Jackson (he is from Imperial Beach) or (Ken Racette) bowl and then contact them and ask about drillers. Alvin Lou is in El Cajon if he still drills balls (he has been doing it a long time, but do not know much else about him. Dan Lusteg used to drill for him many years ago). Gary Burke is also another bowler in San Diego who comes to mind. try contacting them and see who they go to.

P.S. Looking at your layouts, I do not see anything wrong with the driller you currently use. Experimenting and changing spans and grips might hurt you irregardless of who you use. Just my 2 cents.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

I don't know if Nord checked out your response (I added link to this thread).

Thanks for your advice, caring, and growing the sport!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Progmtl
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 3-1/2" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17.5 at release
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Forza, Jackal
Medium Oil Ball: Primal Rage
Light Oil Ball: QZ2, Tag
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by Progmtl »

San Diego area - Kearny Mesa Bowl Pro Shop. Ask for Teddy Turner. He does a very good job.
Hand: Left
Speed: 17 at release
Revs: 325
Rotation: 40°
Tilt: 25°
PAP: 3-1/2 over, 1/4 up
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

Progmtl wrote:San Diego area - Kearny Mesa Bowl Pro Shop. Ask for Teddy Turner. He does a very good job.
He is drilling Nord's balls now. Seems like a pretty good operator.