Old Urethanes

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
Revkiller
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5 - 17.
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Nomad Solid / MoRich Frenzy
Light Oil Ball: MoRich Mojave
Preferred Company: Storm / MoRich

Old Urethanes

Post by Revkiller »

I have been considering drilling a Urethane ball to go down the boards on a number of conditions. I have been away from the sport for 13 years and returned this year. I am adjusting to the new equipment, man is it different (Awsome). I have quite a bit invested in new equipment. Frenzy (best ball I have ever thrown), Virtual Gravity and a Columbia Freeze. I bought the freeze for the dry and had it drilled rather mild but it hooks more than I expected. I have an old Sumo that could be resurfaced and refit. I loved the reaction of that ball before I left the game. Prior to now it was the best ball I have ever thrown. It hit a ton and took well to surface adjustments.

My question here, is this foolish? Should I stay with modern equipment or might this ball still work as it did? I can still see and feel the reaction of this ball. Don't want to waste my time.

Any thoughts.
If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Old Urethanes

Post by Mo Pinel »

Revkiller wrote:I have been considering drilling a Urethane ball to go down the boards on a number of conditions. I have been away from the sport for 13 years and returned this year. I am adjusting to the new equipment, man is it different (Awsome). I have quite a bit invested in new equipment. Frenzy (best ball I have ever thrown), Virtual Gravity and a Columbia Freeze. I bought the freeze for the dry and had it drilled rather mild but it hooks more than I expected. I have an old Sumo that could be resurfaced and refit. I loved the reaction of that ball before I left the game. Prior to now it was the best ball I have ever thrown. It hit a ton and took well to surface adjustments.

My question here, is this foolish? Should I stay with modern equipment or might this ball still work as it did? I can still see and feel the reaction of this ball. Don't want to waste my time.

Any thoughts.
Thanks. The SUMO is the best selling ball that I ever designed. It's very close to my heart. It's a valid idea. Look at how well some bowlers did in the PBA "World Series of Bowling" by using urethane on the short pattern.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
Revkiller
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5 - 17.
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Nomad Solid / MoRich Frenzy
Light Oil Ball: MoRich Mojave
Preferred Company: Storm / MoRich

Post by Revkiller »

Thanks MO. I'm going to move forward with this. By the way, I had no idea you designed the Sumo seem's I like your equipment better than I realized.

thanks again.
If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
RevZiLLa
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by RevZiLLa »

Mo Pinel wrote: Thanks. The SUMO is the best selling ball that I ever designed. It's very close to my heart. It's a valid idea. Look at how well some bowlers did in the PBA "World Series of Bowling" by using urethane on the short pattern.

Is there a remake in the cards? Maybe an improvemnt...
=======================================================
RevZ