Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion

Forum rules

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HELP!
 Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:45 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Good morning, new member here. I have been bowling for close to 30 years but my best days are currently far behind me. My best game ever was a 231 that I threw at least 25 years ago and I've never been able to reach that point again. Just recently I decided to get a new ball, a Quantum Bias, in the hopes of jumpstarting my skills. My first ball was an Ebonite Urethane Gyro which I intend to use as a spare ball.

However, I'm really not sure what type of bowler I am, or if I'm doing anything wrong, which makes me wonder if the ball was even the problem. I've never had any formal training, which may also be part of my problem. I lack consistency in my throws and in duplicating placement on the lane.

I'm open to any suggestions. I really think that I need for someone to watch me from behind so they can tell me what they observe in my approach.

Anyone in the Salt Lake City area willing to meet up for some technical observation, please let me know.

Post subject: Re: HELP!
 Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:33 pm Post Number: #2 Post

SpyderVolt,

Checking the USBC Coaching site shows one Gold coach, and two Silver coaches in the Salt Lake area. I have no idea what they charge for their services, or their reputations.

Post subject: Re: HELP!
 Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 am Post Number: #3 Post
BCU Graduate Layouts

SpyderVolt wrote:
Good morning, new member here. I have been bowling for close to 30 years but my best days are currently far behind me. My best game ever was a 231 that I threw at least 25 years ago and I've never been able to reach that point again. Just recently I decided to get a new ball, a Quantum Bias, in the hopes of jumpstarting my skills. My first ball was an Ebonite Urethane Gyro which I intend to use as a spare ball.

However, I'm really not sure what type of bowler I am, or if I'm doing anything wrong, which makes me wonder if the ball was even the problem. I've never had any formal training, which may also be part of my problem. I lack consistency in my throws and in duplicating placement on the lane.

I'm open to any suggestions. I really think that I need for someone to watch me from behind so they can tell me what they observe in my approach.

Anyone in the Salt Lake City area willing to meet up for some technical observation, please let me know.

Welcome to BowlingChat

We have a coaching section where only the Certified Coaches can help via video analysis.

Video analysis requirements...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1163

Certified Coaching section...
viewforum.php?f=4

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion