How does Kegel Boardwalk break down?

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
GBuck

How does Kegel Boardwalk break down?

Post by GBuck »

This coming Sunday, I will be bowling in a tournament on Boardwalk. Due to time constraints, I will be bowling in the 3rd squad. I understand that due to the shortness of the pattern, you will generally play the first arrow and outside, but by the time i get on the lanes, what kind of transition could be expected? Also, what types of equipment work best on this shot?
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: How does Kegel Boardwalk break down?

Post by MegaMav »

GBuck wrote:This coming Sunday, I will be bowling in a tournament on Boardwalk. Due to time constraints, I will be bowling in the 3rd squad. I understand that due to the shortness of the pattern, you will generally play the first arrow and outside, but by the time i get on the lanes, what kind of transition could be expected? Also, what types of equipment work best on this shot?
Most short patterns depend upon how "good" or "flat" the topography of the lane is.
If its birdwing topography, it will look like a 40 foot pattern outside of 8 and 33 feet inside of 12.
The edge of the lane being curled up slightly may give the gutter some bump.
If its all flat, it should play outside 5.

Best thing to do is, show up a little early, see where the last squad finishes and find someone that throws it similar to you and get a general idea, but dont bake in a game plan.