Quasi-asyms why???

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
56bird

Quasi-asyms why???

Post by 56bird »

The new Ebonite Matrix Solid got me thinking about this again...I think I've posted about it before to no response but hey ya never know.

Matrix Reload core has MB .007. I'm wondering what is the purpose of a quasi-asym like this? Would there be any difference in spin time after drilling in a symmetrical but otherwise identical core ball, after drilling? Any point to the MB marker on these? I know I'd treat it as a symmetric...
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Quasi-asyms why???

Post by EricHartwell »

56bird wrote:The new Ebonite Matrix Solid got me thinking about this again...I think I've posted about it before to no response but hey ya never know.

Matrix Reload core has MB .007. I'm wondering what is the purpose of a quasi-asym like this? Would there be any difference in spin time after drilling in a symmetrical but otherwise identical core ball, after drilling? Any point to the MB marker on these? I know I'd treat it as a symmetric...
It gives you a target to drill the thumb hole. Drill the thumb into the MB and you will effectively increase the Asymmetry as much as you can without the use of a soon to be Illegal balance hole.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand