Axis tilt video Mo hosted a couple of weeks ago

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
turkeyboy300

Axis tilt video Mo hosted a couple of weeks ago

Post by turkeyboy300 »

Mo, I watched with interest your video the other day about axis tilt, how to measure it etc. It fit right in with the analysis I have been doing with my pro shop guy. You suggested, or perhaps I understood you to infer that certain drilling layouts or balls might be better suited for guys with high axis tilt. What might those be? I am at 33 degrees tilt with 65 degrees rotation, 315 revs at about 17 mph at release. Right now we are working on my approach as my guy is suggesting it may be contributing to my tilt but I would like to explore other options as well. What are your thoughts on something like Robbys II during practice to get the feel for the right hand position? Any help would be appreciated.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: Axis tilt video Mo hosted a couple of weeks ago

Post by JohnP »

Don't be surprised if you don't get another response, Mo hasn't been active on this site for a long time (years). If you address it more generally you'll probably get responses. -- JohnP
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Axis tilt video Mo hosted a couple of weeks ago

Post by EricHartwell »

turkeyboy300 wrote:Mo, I watched with interest your video the other day about axis tilt, how to measure it etc. It fit right in with the analysis I have been doing with my pro shop guy. You suggested, or perhaps I understood you to infer that certain drilling layouts or balls might be better suited for guys with high axis tilt. What might those be? I am at 33 degrees tilt with 65 degrees rotation, 315 revs at about 17 mph at release. Right now we are working on my approach as my guy is suggesting it may be contributing to my tilt but I would like to explore other options as well. What are your thoughts on something like Robbys II during practice to get the feel for the right hand position? Any help would be appreciated.
For your current release specs, dull surfaces will serve you best especially with Symmetrical balls.
I suggest keeping a 500, 1000 and a 2000 grit pad in your bag.

Sweetspot ... 80 Totals 1:2.25 Ratio

Asymmetrical Layouts
Totally Strong ................... 20-5.5-40
Midlane ............................ 15-5-45
Benchmark ....................... 25-4.5-55
Long and Strong ................ 45-4.5-55
Control ............................. 25-4.25-75

Symmetrical Layouts
Totally Strong ................... xx-3-35
Benchmark ....................... xx-3.5-50
Long and Strong ................ xx-4-50
Control ............................. xx-4.5-70