PBA Apparel

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
ryn02
Preferred Company: Storm Products

PBA Apparel

Post by ryn02 »

Hello, so I have a question I've been trying to figure out for a while now. I'm getting ready to join the PBA and I'm going to begin regional play within the next couple months. When I get my jerseys for play, am I allowed to have ball company logos on my jerseys even though I'm not signed by them? or do I have to have a blank jersey for it to be legal?
klarkpba
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 up
Speed: 12/14
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Preferred Company: brunswick & Turbo

Re: PBA Apparel

Post by klarkpba »

you can have a ball logo as long as it is a PBA registered company.
chrisbarry
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by chrisbarry »

Here is a link to the PBA rule book. The rules your looking for start around Rule 13. https://www.pba.com/Content/images/memb ... leBook.pdf

In terms of ball companies and logos...you can represent any ball company you like on your apparel. They always like free advertising. Make sure you abide by the rules presented in the rule book when selecting logos, size, and location of the logos. Make sure that the company is on the approved equipment list before designing your shirts. Also...if you plan on wearing a Dye-Sublimated jersey, shirt you see the pro's wearing on tv, then it will need to be from High 5. They are the only PBA approved Dye-Sublimated shirt company at this time.

I hope the above information is helpful.

I bowl every regional in the PBA South Region with the occasional trip into the Central Region. Hope to see you out there.
ryn02
Preferred Company: Storm Products

Post by ryn02 »

That information was very helpful actually, thanks. I've just been confused about it for a while now because I have had people tell me before that you aren't allowed to have companies on your jerseys if you aren't sponsored by them or staffed by them. As for the regionals, I'll be starting off in the west region since I live closest to that. I plan on doing two regionals this year and looking to participate in the USBC masters in Vegas in March.