Bowling Pin Integrity???

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
soupy1957
Preferred Company: Storm

Bowling Pin Integrity???

Post by soupy1957 »

Here’s a video of a Bowling Pin Machine (I don’t know about YOU, but it’s the first time “I” had ever taken the time to look at one):

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It occurs to me, having been talking about ball damage in another Thread, that Pin integrity must play a
part in pin action dependability and repeatability, and ultimately affect scores?!

In your average neighborhood Alley, I wonder how battered (compromised) the pins are? I wonder how often they are Inspected for damage, or replaced because of damage? What are the typical pins made of anyway? Some sort of polymer, I would guess.

Given what pins go through in an average day, I’d be willing to bet that a responsible Alley owner, who is concerned about having equipment integrity, must have a good chunk of his/her profits dedicated to house ball & pin replacement; not to mention equipment maintenance and Lane conditioning and repair!!

As you might expect these days, I DID find THIS on YouTube, about pin construction:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Perfection is only a delusion; a lack of personality!” - sdc