Tracing ball tracks

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
toscodav

Tracing ball tracks

Post by toscodav »

I would like to accurately determine the location of my PAP. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to map the track on a ball. The oil track on the ball isn't just a straight line. Depending on the flare, it can have a bow-tie shape to it and be over a couple inches thick. Ideally I would like to map out the initial track on the ball before any flare occurs. I've heard some people say follow the line closest to the holes but if the oil shape is a bow-tie, it is a little more complicated than that. Depending on how you interpret the oil pattern, the track can vary by more than a couple inches which is pretty significant. The image I provided is my theory on the correct track. Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Tracing ball tracks

Post by bowl1820 »

toscodav wrote:I would like to accurately determine the location of my PAP. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to map the track on a ball. The oil track on the ball isn't just a straight line. Depending on the flare, it can have a bow-tie shape to it and be over a couple inches thick. Ideally I would like to map out the initial track on the ball before any flare occurs. I've heard some people say follow the line closest to the holes but if the oil shape is a bow-tie, it is a little more complicated than that. Depending on how you interpret the oil pattern, the track can vary by more than a couple inches which is pretty significant. The image I provided is my theory on the correct track. Any thoughts?

The red line (initial rolling track) in your image is what you use to determine your pap location.

see the wiki here for more info

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... Axis_Point

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."