Changing Axis Tilt????

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
ASUWoody
THS Average: 227
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 X 1/2 up
Speed: 17.7
Rev Rate: 283
Axis Tilt: 33.6
Axis Rotation: 62.8

Changing Axis Tilt????

Post by ASUWoody »

How does a bowler change their Axis Tilt? There seems to be a lot of information on changing Axis Rotation but not much about Axis Tilt.

I want to see if I can lower mine from the 33.6 degrees I have.
Shawn Wood
300 (22)
836 (7 800's)

Right Handed
Ball Speed: 17.7 mph
Rev Rate: 283.7
Rotation: 62.8
Tilt: 33.6
PAP: 4 11/16 x 1/2 up

Mongoose Staff
Vise Staff
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Changing Axis Tilt????

Post by elgavachon »

ASUWoody wrote:How does a bowler change their Axis Tilt? There seems to be a lot of information on changing Axis Rotation but not much about Axis Tilt.

I want to see if I can lower mine from the 33.6 degrees I have.
By pitching everything to the right equal amounts, you will lower tilt (I would try 1/4" to start with). I would also add 3/8" reverse to your middle finger and increase the span to that finger 1/16" and add 3/8" more forward to your ring finger and shorten that span 1/16". This is just a basic performance fit.

viewtopic.php?t=9058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Changing Axis Tilt????

Post by bowl1820 »

ASUWoody wrote:How does a bowler change their Axis Tilt? There seems to be a lot of information on changing Axis Rotation but not much about Axis Tilt.
Changing tilt is harder to do than changing rotation.

When you increase tilt you are reducing track size and when you decrease tilt your enlarging it.
You can see this looking at the axis tilt chart.

Axis Tilt chart:
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/images ... _chart.jpg

Axis tilt is basically determined by the position of the thumb during the release. So you can change it by how you cock your hand has this would affect the position of your thumb.

Joe Slowinski, stated you can change your axis tilt by (1) pinky tuck; (2) cocking the wrist; (3) pinky and cocking.

Joe Slowinski: Changing Axis Tilt
changing_axis_tilt.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."