Yeti - Question about core shape

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Yeti - Question about core shape

Post by MegaMav »

From core shape determines motion:

Drilled Differentials

Drilled to miss the core slice:
.044/.008
Drilled to hit the core slice:
.062/.018

With that large of a difference between the 2 layouts, does the ball burn off tilt and rotation differently between the more symmetric layout and the more asymmetric layout?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Yeti - Question about core shape

Post by Mo Pinel »

MegaMav wrote:From core shape determines motion:

Drilled Differentials

Drilled to miss the core slice:
.044/.008
Drilled to hit the core slice:
.062/.018

With that large of a difference between the 2 layouts, does the ball burn off tilt and rotation differently between the more symmetric layout and the more asymmetric layout?
Absolutely, the numbers show that!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Not sure if I worded that as best as I could.
This is a little more clear:

Does the more symmetrical layout burn tilt and rotation like a typical symmetrical ball, regarding shorter and longer Pin to PAP distances?
Same thing for the more asymmetrical layout, does it burn tilt the same way with shorter and longer Pin to PAP distances like a typical asymmetric?

REF: Flare chart in the wiki.
jasondoust
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 3/4 up
Speed: 19.5 mph
Rev Rate: 486
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: ~45
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv Cruel C-51 LE
Medium Oil Ball: Radical Reax v2 or Slant Hybrid
Light Oil Ball: Seismic Raging Bull Longhorn
Preferred Company: Motiv, Radical, Roto Grip

Post by jasondoust »

I'm interested to hear what the creator has to say about this. :)

I drilled my Yeti pin above bridge ~(55° x 5 x 40°). When the lanes have decent volume, it's amazing. I'll be putting together a video review showing more than 15 strikes from the first 2 games I threw with it. Watch for me giggling like a kid as I turn around, muttering things like "Wow!" and "This is silly!" :)

The ball revs really fast off my hand (high rev rate normally) but has the rolliest (is that a word?) shape I've seen from a non-particle cover, so clearly there's some pretty major precession in play to smooth it out so effectively. The impact is plain nasty though! A genuine surprise from the lane shape I had. On a ton of friction, it struggled until I moved in past 30 board with my feet and slow circled the side to side wet/dry of blocked HPL. Then it was a winner again.

It's a triumph, Mr Pinel and I tip my hat to you. Can't wait for a polished solid version. It'll be a killer power player's ball. I get time to shoe up this week and the Yeti and Reax will be the second two things on the rack. (After my spare ball.)

Jason Doust
Bowlers Edge
Canberra, Australia
I have a firm grip on reality. Now I can strangle it.
Douglas Adams

www.bowlersedge.com.au
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

jasondoust wrote:I'm interested to hear what the creator has to say about this. :)

I drilled my Yeti pin above bridge ~(55° x 5 x 40°). When the lanes have decent volume, it's amazing. I'll be putting together a video review showing more than 15 strikes from the first 2 games I threw with it. Watch for me giggling like a kid as I turn around, muttering things like "Wow!" and "This is silly!" :)

The ball revs really fast off my hand (high rev rate normally) but has the rolliest (is that a word?) shape I've seen from a non-particle cover, so clearly there's some pretty major precession in play to smooth it out so effectively. The impact is plain nasty though! A genuine surprise from the lane shape I had. On a ton of friction, it struggled until I moved in past 30 board with my feet and slow circled the side to side wet/dry of blocked HPL. Then it was a winner again.

It's a triumph, Mr Pinel and I tip my hat to you. Can't wait for a polished solid version. It'll be a killer power player's ball. I get time to shoe up this week and the Yeti and Reax will be the second two things on the rack. (After my spare ball.)

Jason Doust
Bowlers Edge
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for the compliments, but you ain't seen nothing yet. The Yeti core design masquerades as a symmetrical ball until you start playing with balance holes. It's symmetrical because no matter where you put the cg (before using a balance hole), the drilled ball spins in the area of the thumb. The PSA is around the thumb hole. That is the true definition of a symmetrical ball. By the proper use of balance holes, you can move the PSA to where you would like it and you'll get drilled intermediate and total diffs. of asymmetrical balls. So, it can be either symmetrical, or asymmetrical, as you prefer. Just follow the drilling suggestions for symmetrical balls from RADICAL. They're in the box and in the Wiki. The most versatile ball ever. The cover on the Yeti is a very smooth rolling cover. The Yeti core is a camouflaged monster.

Mo
Revkiller
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5 - 17.
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Nomad Solid / MoRich Frenzy
Light Oil Ball: MoRich Mojave
Preferred Company: Storm / MoRich

Post by Revkiller »

The most versatile ball ever. The cover on the Yeti is a very smooth rolling cover. The Yeti core is a camouflaged monster.

Mo

A hidden monster indeed, I have yet to find a condition that I cannot use this ball on except bone dry. I have the ball MOtion holed and simple surface adjustments cover just about everything. Long, intermediate or short ....NO problem. It is most surprising on volume if you put surface on it. I haven't tried it on a 50 foot pattern and it's natural length with the drilling might be an issue but we'll see. A truly exceptional ball.

I thank you for my scores! Even aging fat guys can score with this ball!
If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Revkiller wrote:The most versatile ball ever. The cover on the Yeti is a very smooth rolling cover. The Yeti core is a camouflaged monster.

Mo

A hidden monster indeed, I have yet to find a condition that I cannot use this ball on except bone dry. I have the ball MOtion holed and simple surface adjustments cover just about everything. Long, intermediate or short ....NO problem. It is most surprising on volume if you put surface on it. I haven't tried it on a 50 foot pattern and it's natural length with the drilling might be an issue but we'll see. A truly exceptional ball.

I thank you for my scores! Even aging fat guys can score with this ball!
My kind of bowler! Thanks, Bob.
justhere4thefood
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by justhere4thefood »

Mo Pinel wrote:
This statement above is blowing my mind!

I have a blank Reax waiting to be drilled, but now I want a Yeti, too!
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

justhere4thefood wrote: This statement above is blowing my mind!

I have a blank Reax waiting to be drilled, but now I want a Yeti, too!
They are both excellent balls, but different. The ReaX is a milder form of Offset Core Technology with a great, very aggressive cover. The Yeti is a more advanced form of Offset Technology with a mild cover. They compliment each other. Why don't you drill both?
Arkansas
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 Left x 3/4 Up
Speed: 18.5 off Hand
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Guru Mighty
Medium Oil Ball: Guru
Light Oil Ball: Torrid Affair
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Arkansas »

Mo Pinel wrote: Why don't you drill both?
That's what I did! Makes a great 1-2 punch. Reax with the sharper breakpoint layout surfaced to 1000, Yeti with a Pin over MOtion hole at 3000. I shot my highest series ever last week with the Reax. Part of that could be contributed to Mo's "See It, Feel It, Do It" book also though. You got a couple of great balls there Mo, and an amazing book. Thanks!
James Talley
Binkster
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 rt and 3/4 up
Speed: 17-18 off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50
Preferred Company: Hammer & Radical

Post by Binkster »

Arkansas wrote: That's what I did! Makes a great 1-2 punch. Reax with the sharper breakpoint layout surfaced to 1000, Yeti with a Pin over MOtion hole at 3000. I shot my highest series ever last week with the Reax. Part of that could be contributed to Mo's "See It, Feel It, Do It" book also though. You got a couple of great balls there Mo, and an amazing book. Thanks!
I can't wait to hear how Mo replies to this :-D
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by Dustin »

Arkansas wrote: That's what I did! Makes a great 1-2 punch. Reax with the sharper breakpoint layout surfaced to 1000, Yeti with a Pin over MOtion hole at 3000. I shot my highest series ever last week with the Reax. Part of that could be contributed to Mo's "See It, Feel It, Do It" book also though. You got a couple of great balls there Mo, and an amazing book. Thanks!
Add a Torrid Elite to the line up and look out! I have a Reax, Yeti with mo-hole and the Torrid with pin next to ring. Last night of league I had my best series ever using the Torrid and Yeti. Also won our end of year tourney with my Radical line up. All great equipment! Helps a ton I got a new fit from Mo in March. THANK YOU MO!!
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Dustin? wrote: Add a Torrid Elite to the line up and look out! I have a Reax, Yeti with mo-hole and the Torrid with pin next to ring. Last night of league I had my best series ever using the Torrid and Yeti. Also won our end of year tourney with my Radical line up. All great equipment! Helps a ton I got a new fit from Mo in March. THANK YOU MO!!
Thanks! My pleasure!
justhere4thefood
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by justhere4thefood »

Mo Pinel wrote:

Mo! You are trying to get me divorced! My wife about had a heart attack when she saw the case of MoRich balls show up to the house last week. :)

Plus, I want to see the new stuff when I see you in Albany in July.
CrankyOldMan
THS Average: 198
Positive Axis Point: 5.00" x 0.5" up
Speed: 16.0 mph
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 35
Heavy Oil Ball: Hammer BW Legend, Ebonite Warrior Supreme, DV8 Pitbull Growl
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Quantum Fire Pearl, Storm IQ Tour, DV8 Hitman
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Midnight Vibe
Preferred Company: Storm, DV8, Brunswick, Hammer

Post by CrankyOldMan »

If "aging fat guys" can score with the Yeti ... well, that's all I need to know!!!

COM (an aging fat guy)