Algorithms for a bowling ball simulator

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
PinChurch
THS Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 right 3/4up
Speed: 17,0 (Specto)
Rev Rate: 322
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 40

Algorithms for a bowling ball simulator

Post by PinChurch »

Hi!

I am trying to write a ball simulator that should complement the "blue print" program. I am thinking of simulate the whole ball path on the lane and take in account friction, oilpattern, topography and so on.

Now, I know the easy measurements around the ball, like speed, axis tilt, axis rotation, torque (or that we call rotation) and so on. That I don't know is the math behind the loss of tilt and rotation when the ball arrives passed the lane. I don't know the friction formulas for the coverstocks and the oils and lanesurfaces.

Do you guys know these measurements? I know that you guys from Radical shall know these things, but can we others get the values?

In about 6 years ago, I came across math of the hook faces on the Colobia 300 website, but I cant find it now. They published math algorithms for the ball's friction and hook on the lane. Do anyone know these formulas?
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Re: Algorithms for a bowling ball simulator

Post by J_w73 »

Doesn't the blue print program already do this?
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+