Anybody else grip the ball like this?

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
HoneyBadgerDontCare
Preferred Company: 900Global

Anybody else grip the ball like this?

Post by HoneyBadgerDontCare »

My balls are drilled normal T grip with oval thumb. I've found the only way I can have a repeatable clean release is if I put fingers in to first joint and as I'm inserting my thumb slightly relax my palm/thumb and let it fall to the right (inside of ball). This sets the ball so nicely in my palm and I throw the ball really well. However it tends to pull down the skin on the side of my ring finger (making the skin hard) as my grips I feel are rubbing on the sides. Is it possible to drill the finger holes at the angle so they are naturally slanted to the inside of the ball to avoid the rubbing?
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Anybody else grip the ball like this?

Post by TonyPR »

Yes, that's an easy fix. Go to your pro shop and show them where the rub spot is, you probably need a lateral finger pitch adjustment or maybe just re alignment of the inserts if you use inserts or some ovaling of the finger holes if you don't use inserts.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent