Track differences between reactive and plastic

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
56bird

Track differences between reactive and plastic

Post by 56bird »

I have what I'd describe as a low track. My PAP last I checked was 3 1/2" over last it was checked and I have lots of tilt and rotation. In the words of my coach "you spin it".

Lately I've noticed my plastic ball has a totally different track. It's a Brunswick Tzone with a pancake block so it doesn't flare to speak of. It's consistently tracking right next to the thumb. Is that from releasing the ball differently, the ball itself being different, or some combination? Is this common?
LittleTiger

Re: Track differences between reactive and plastic

Post by LittleTiger »

Different tracks means you have two different type of releases.

You can easily demostrate this if you go to foul line and try throw ball the way that you rotate it to clockwise (or counter-clockwise if you are left hander) when ball should roll on low track and then again the way that you focus keeping your hand directly behind ball when it should roll on high track.

Way how pros are doing it is that they keep their hand inside of the ball until thumb comes out of ball and then rotate wrist "through" the ball when it ends up to medium track.

Look:
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... rn_Release
viewtopic.php?p=37466#p37466
viewtopic.php?p=38438#p38438
56bird

Re: Track differences between reactive and plastic

Post by 56bird »

Makes sense, I mostly use plastic for spares and I'm definitely not trying to rotate the ball for those. I just didn't know my "spares release" was THAT different.
LittleTiger wrote:Different tracks means you have two different type of releases.

You can easily demostrate this if you go to foul line and try throw ball the way that you rotate it to clockwise (or counter-clockwise if you are left hander) when ball should roll on low track and then again the way that you focus keeping your hand directly behind ball when it should roll on high track.

Way how pros are doing it is that they keep their hand inside of the ball until thumb comes out of ball and then rotate wrist "through" the ball when it ends up to medium track.

Look:
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... rn_Release
viewtopic.php?p=37466#p37466
viewtopic.php?p=38438#p38438