Converting overrolled full roller layouts to dual angle

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
gunso

Converting overrolled full roller layouts to dual angle

Post by gunso »

I was wondering if there was any way of converting my overrolled full roller layouts to "regular" dual angle numbers so I could better estimate what kind of reaction I am getting with them. My pap is 6 3/8 over and 2 1/2 down with a negative tilt of 10.

I found my pap on each and every ball so the numbers are true for every ball as I have accounted for different PAP's between balls. Since all my balls are symmetricals I have estimated where the PSA would end up.

AMF sumo 120x4x125 - no balance hole - psa to pap 8"
Storm Match solid 70x9,5x35 - no balance hole - psa to pap 5 3/4
Storm Rocketship 150x4 3/4x100 - balance hole 6 3/4 from pin 3/4 wide, 3" deep. PSA to pap 10
Storm Hyroad 105x5 1/4x135 PSA to pap 8" (which has probably moved quite a bit with the motion hole but no clue to where, ball did barely flare before MOtion hole) MOtion hole 9 1/2 from pin 1"wide and 3" deep. Hole ends up 4 3/8 from pap on a 40°angle to the right from the pin to pap line. The Hyroad now flares to it's potential.
Hammer Scandal - 120x4x125 - no balance hole - PSA to PAP 8 1/4.

Around 12 different patterns I'll be playing on this winter, mostly sport compliant and everything from 34 feet to 47 feet. Carry a 194 sport average.
rev rate 450-500
tilt - minus 10
rotation - 30-40
speed - 17 off hand