fit help to get higher track

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
mosome300
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Positive Axis Point: 4"left 0up
Speed: 16.5@pins
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 23
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Reax 50 3 1/4 50
Medium Oil Ball: Victory road pearl pin above rf
Light Oil Ball: SlantHD 80 2 1/2 40
Preferred Company: radical

fit help to get higher track

Post by mosome300 »

Recently my ball track has gotten really low w pap below 4". This is causing my ball to read lane funny. Also in a recent photo i noticed my elbow coming out to soon and hand way off to side of ball. I know some of it is me but would like some advice on a ball fit to help me correct it. My bowling style is similar to parker bohn but not nearly as consistent. And current fit is 4 3/4middle finger w 3/8 reverse and 0 lateral. My ring finger is 4 3/4 with 1/8 reverse and 11/16 lateral. My thumb is 1/16 left and 1/4 reverse. I am LH. Never seen my track so low and my scores are suffering. Ibpsia fit would be 4 7/8 on ring finger 11/16 left and 5/16 reverse middle finger 4 3/4 1/16 forward and 1/8 right. My thumb 1/16 left and 3/8 reverse.
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Re: fit help to get higher track

Post by RobMautner »

While ball fit could be part of your problem, first try to learn to keep your hand more behind the ball. To do this, work on leading with your ring finger (classic Jowdy advice), and imagining an eye in the middle of the inside of your elbow. Keep the eye on the pins, and it should help you to stay more behind the ball and raise your track.
purduepaul
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over by 5/8" up
Speed: 19
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 65
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling

Re: fit help to get higher track

Post by purduepaul »

mosome300 wrote:Recently my ball track has gotten really low w pap below 4". This is causing my ball to read lane funny. Also in a recent photo i noticed my elbow coming out to soon and hand way off to side of ball. I know some of it is me but would like some advice on a ball fit to help me correct it. My bowling style is similar to parker bohn but not nearly as consistent. And current fit is 4 3/4middle finger w 3/8 reverse and 0 lateral. My ring finger is 4 3/4 with 1/8 reverse and 11/16 lateral. My thumb is 1/16 left and 1/4 reverse. I am LH. Never seen my track so low and my scores are suffering. Ibpsia fit would be 4 7/8 on ring finger 11/16 left and 5/16 reverse middle finger 4 3/4 1/16 forward and 1/8 right. My thumb 1/16 left and 3/8 reverse.
First of all I would question your lateral fit, and would seek a second opinion unless your CLT line is really that far over. In addition having more forward in your ring finger and more reverse in your middle finger will lead to lower tilt/higher ball track. But have another IBPSIA certified pro ship check your fit.

Paul
Paul Ridenour
former Sr Research Engineer at USBC
Radical Bowling Technologies Staffer