Fail Safe Layout Failed Me

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
Adrenaline
Positive Axis Point: 5>1^
Speed: 15.5
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 70
Medium Oil Ball: Pink Panther

Re: Fail Safe Layout Failed Me

Post by Adrenaline »

MWhite wrote: [youtube][/youtube]
Pay close attention at 5:17-5:18.

Regardless, you're a good bowler, but if your ball wasn't 'hooking' into the pins so often, you'd leave a lot less of those single pins.
MWhite

Post by MWhite »

Adrenaline wrote:
Pay close attention at 5:17-5:18.

Regardless, you're a good bowler, but if your ball wasn't 'hooking' into the pins so often, you'd leave a lot less of those single pins.

5:17-5:18 is where I missed the 7 pin.

I messed up the graphic indicating a spare, but the score was based on the miss.

This was the first time (and so far only time) I've bowled at that center.

I wasn't lined up completely, especially on the left lane.

All of those single pins, with the exception of the 8 pin at the end of game 2, were balls that didn't hit the head pin correctly.

My point about rolling vs hooking isn't to say hooking is better or worse.

It's about hitting the correct location on the head pin.

After bowling with Seniors whose ball speed looks like it's rolling over molasses, as long as it hits the head pin correctly, with good angle, they carry convincingly.

A rolling ball hitting the head pin light is just as likely to leave a weak 10 pin, and a hooking ball hitting light is.

The "benefit" of a rolling ball is you setup your angle of entry more consistently, but with reactive resin balls, you still have to exit the oil correctly to have that angle hit the head pin correctly.

And that is the "miracle" of the THS. It's very easy to hit the same exit point by playing the wall.

There are days where no matter what adjustments you make, it doesn't make a difference at the pins.

And likewise (usually to someone else) no matter what mistakes they make, it doesn't make a difference at the pins.

The oil pattern doesn't really see a difference between an adjustment, and a mistake.

The game use to require finesse, now it's just two straight lines (skid and roll), with a quick angle between them.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Bad fit.
You slammed that MIX into the foul line every time.
Might want to get that addressed. The ball should be delivered close to tangent to the lane.

Another thread thats gone off the rails, locking.