Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion

Forum rules

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Simple question about no thumb starting finger pitches
 Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:18 am Post Number: #1 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 3
I know Mo recommends MF 1/4" Forward, RF 3/8" Reverse and 7/16" both laterals for right handed two hander no thumb bowlers' starting pitches... There's a difference of 5/8" between the 2 fingers. This makes the MF dominant and is supposed to help with the typical high track/low tilt/tracking over MF of two handed no thumb bowlers... Would MF 1/4" Reverse, RF 7/8" Reverse, laterals 7/16" both work more or less the same? Why or why not?

Post subject: Re: Simple question about no thumb starting finger pitches
 Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:53 am Post Number: #2 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 7
TonyPR wrote:
I know Mo recommends MF 1/4" Forward, RF 3/8" Reverse and 7/16" both laterals for right handed two hander no thumb bowlers' starting pitches... There's a difference of 5/8" between the 2 fingers. This makes the MF dominant and is supposed to help with the typical high track/low tilt/tracking over MF of two handed no thumb bowlers... Would MF 1/4" Reverse, RF 7/8" Reverse, laterals 7/16" both work more or less the same? Why or why not?

It'll work, but will be harder to hold on to. We always want help reduce grip pressure.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 am Post Number: #3 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Mo Pinel wrote:

It'll work, but will be harder to hold on to. We always want help reduce grip pressure.

Performance fit by the Rocket Scientist! I expect a commission from here on out young man! :lol:

PAP 4 1/8, 1/2 up
Axis Rotation 20
Axis Tilt 23
Rev rate 280
Speed Dominate / Rev Challenged
14-16mph at monitor

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm Post Number: #4 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 3
Thank you Mo. I know I have been back and forth between different fits trying to find the best one and I really appreciate the time Mo, Eric and all of the people here have spent helping me.

After a 20 year break, being almost two years back in bowling and trying almost everything the best results I have seen in my strike ball have been with the 2 handed no thumb technique and have finally decided to stick with that. Will still shoot my spares one handed straight with a plastic ball until I get my two handed speed from what it is now (14 mph monitor) to at least 16 mph monitor and then I will decide if I will also shoot my spares two handed although I enjoy throwing it fast at the 6-10 one handed (last night in league clocked a 10 pin at 19.8 mph monitor speed). Speed helps with converting splits...

Anyway, 1 last question:
Does the 7/16" both laterals apply to both with inserts and without?
Currently use Fake Vaccu with the 31/32 - 1 1/32 holes , 1/4" bridge and was planning to try without inserts. Without inserts bridge would also be 1/4", MF 45/64" hole, RF (between 21/32" and 41/64").

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion