"Super" covers

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
rod_J
Preferred Company: Lincoln Electric

"Super" covers

Post by rod_J »

Hey Mo & Gang,

I have heard that the cover stock on the Craze is a "Super" cover, whereas the Frenzy is not?

What are the main differences in these cover stocks that make them so "Super"? In terms of the usbc ball motion study does it come down to one of the assigned variables or is it a combination of them?

THanks for your time,

Rod

PS: My driller hooked me up with a Frenzy two weeks ago, that thing is the Nutz!
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: "Super" covers

Post by Mo Pinel »

rod_J wrote:Hey Mo & Gang,

I have heard that the cover stock on the Craze is a "Super" cover, whereas the Frenzy is not?

What are the main differences in these cover stocks that make them so "Super"? In terms of the usbc ball motion study does it come down to one of the assigned variables or is it a combination of them?

THanks for your time,

Rod

PS: My driller hooked me up with a Frenzy two weeks ago, that thing is the Nutz!
Thank you for the praise of the FRENZY!

"Super" covers are the new breed of high traction covers. There are two two proven qualities to these covers. There are increased surface roughness and oil absorbency. These "Super" covers take advantage of those properties to create an enormous amount of hook potential. The USBC ball motion study taught us exactly how important these qualities were.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)