Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion

Forum rules

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is a balance hole neccessary in syms for thumbless bowlers?
 Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:34 am Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Hi

Since symmetrical bowling balls don't have a PSA before drilling. Is it neccessary for thumbless bowlers to drill a balance hole to set the PSA?

I am experimenting on different pitches on my two handed, no thumb, release to tr and get the track from flaring over my fingers (inverted track) and am wondering if I need to drill a balance hole on them other then to make them legal since they are not drilled right on the cg.

If I figured out the dual angle layout correctly the measurements are as follows
Radical Yeti Uncaged - 47°*4,5*47° - pitches MF 0 and 3/4 forward RF 9/16 right and 3/4 forward
Brunswick Slingshot - 75°*4*65° - pitches MF 9/16 left and 1/4 forward RF 5/16 right and 3/8 reverse

I would also like to know if the 2" down from the midline on the VAL balance hole works for two handers since our midline is way above the regular midline or if we should find a pseudo midline at a similiar place as thumbin bowlers to work with.

And since there is no thumbhole where would the PSA be located to anchor the Gradient line without a determinator?

Bowling regards from Iceland

Post subject: Re: Is a balance hole neccessary in syms for thumbless bowle
 Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:24 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 7
gunso wrote:
Hi

Since symmetrical bowling balls don't have a PSA before drilling. Is it neccessary for thumbless bowlers to drill a balance hole to set the PSA?

I am experimenting on different pitches on my two handed, no thumb, release to tr and get the track from flaring over my fingers (inverted track) and am wondering if I need to drill a balance hole on them other then to make them legal since they are not drilled right on the cg.

If I figured out the dual angle layout correctly the measurements are as follows
Radical Yeti Uncaged - 47°*4,5*47° - pitches MF 0 and 3/4 forward RF 9/16 right and 3/4 forward
Brunswick Slingshot - 75°*4*65° - pitches MF 9/16 left and 1/4 forward RF 5/16 right and 3/8 reverse

I would also like to know if the 2" down from the midline on the VAL balance hole works for two handers since our midline is way above the regular midline or if we should find a pseudo midline at a similiar place as thumbin bowlers to work with.

And since there is no thumbhole where would the PSA be located to anchor the Gradient line without a determinator?

Bowling regards from Iceland

Try these lateral pitches to get the ball off the MF hole:
MF - 3/8 L
RF - 1/4 R

Also try 0 F/Rev in RF. Let us know the effect.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:37 pm Post Number: #3 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Mo Pinel wrote:

Try these lateral pitches to get the ball off the MF hole:
MF - 3/8 L
RF - 1/4 R

Also try 0 F/Rev in RF. Let us know the effect.

I'll try them out when I have tried the Yeti in action that I got drilled last night (there is no proshop in the center so my ball driller is just in his garage). Any special forward design in the MF or just try something which is forward?

We are also very unsure about how to anchor the gradient line for a balance hole in syms since there isn't even a determinator in the country :) The best guess would be 6 3/4 from the pin through the CG which I think is probably dead wrong according to this on the WIKI "Remember, the ONLY reason we use the line from the marked Pin through the CG is to ensure we have the CG in favorable locations for Gradient Line placements. " I would also think that since the PSA goes towards the thumbhole when drilled then it probably goes towards the finger holes when there is no thumbhole or is that just crazy talk :)

bowling regards from Iceland

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:10 pm Post Number: #4 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 7
gunso wrote:

I'll try them out when I have tried the Yeti in action that I got drilled last night (there is no proshop in the center so my ball driller is just in his garage). Any special forward design in the MF or just try something which is forward?

We are also very unsure about how to anchor the gradient line for a balance hole in syms since there isn't even a determinator in the country :) The best guess would be 6 3/4 from the pin through the CG which I think is probably dead wrong according to this on the WIKI "Remember, the ONLY reason we use the line from the marked Pin through the CG is to ensure we have the CG in favorable locations for Gradient Line placements. " I would also think that since the PSA goes towards the thumbhole when drilled then it probably goes towards the finger holes when there is no thumbhole or is that just crazy talk :)

bowling regards from Iceland

Try 1/2 F in MF and drill fingers 3 1/2" deep to help stabilize PSA. We did some No Thumb studies. The PSA on the Yeti should be 6 3/4" from the pin about 2" left of centerline.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Mo & Friends » General Discussion