The Truth about Drilled Balls

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
bowler001
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Preferred Company: BRUNSWICK!!!!!

The Truth about Drilled Balls

Post by bowler001 »

First off, really enjoyed reading this article. But I have a question.

After looking at the charts, I find myself wondering how much of the effect, if any, was based on pin to pap distances. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, maybe none?

I had a hard time seeing the effects of the angle changes, because i found myself focusing on the pin-pap distance as well, since they were different from ball to ball.

Thanks Mo and the rest of the crew for taking the time to do this.

Doug
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: The Truth about Drilled Balls

Post by Mo Pinel »

bowler001 wrote:First off, really enjoyed reading this article. But I have a question.

After looking at the charts, I find myself wondering how much of the effect, if any, was based on pin to pap distances. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, maybe none?

I had a hard time seeing the effects of the angle changes, because i found myself focusing on the pin-pap distance as well, since they were different from ball to ball.

Thanks Mo and the rest of the crew for taking the time to do this.

Doug
The drilling angle, the pin to PAP distance, the angle to the VAL, the balance hole location and size ALL contribute to the mass properties of the drilled ball. The purpose of the drillings in the chart is to show the entire spectrum available by using all the tools available to alter the reaction of the drilled ball. DONT FOCUS ON PART OF THE PUZZLE, FOCUS ON THE WHOLE!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)