pattern for labor day Track Scratch Challenge

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
Rjf300
THS Average: 227
Positive Axis Point: 5 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 0-60
Preferred Company: Columbia/Storm

pattern for labor day Track Scratch Challenge

Post by Rjf300 »

Hello, I want to post a pattern and get some general input on how to play the pattern. The lane condition is kegel ice, kegel kustodian + machine, stripper unknown. Lanes are amf 900s with 10 years on them some early friction.

I bowled on this pattern once so far I used a 45 x 5 x 70 oath with a x hole 2" down val at 3000, and a out burst 50 x 4.25 x 50 no hole at 2000ish surface. I had an ok look from out early. This is what i have to try monday.

smack down 45 x 5 x 70 (rico for me)
Disorder 65 x 4 x 35 no hole 3000
Oath 65 x 4.25 x 35 no hole 2000
Oath 50 x 4.75 x 65 no hole 4000
Take down 60 x 5 x 35 P 3 hole box

Any advice would be welcome !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ball Speed 16.5
Rev Rate 320
Axis Rot 0 -60
Axis tilt 15deg
Axis point 5" over 1" up
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: pattern for labor day Track Scratch Challenge

Post by MegaMav »

Kegel Ice is brutal.
I've bowled on it over the past couple of seasons in a sport league, and the best way I can describe it is, it makes the pattern seem 2 feet longer than it really is. Also, the shot gets tighter and tighter as the night goes on. It doesnt break down in the middle of the lane much, and its THICK. Use dull finishes.

I'd pick the outburst out of all of those balls to start.
Rjf300
THS Average: 227
Positive Axis Point: 5 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Rotation: 0-60
Preferred Company: Columbia/Storm

Post by Rjf300 »

I actually have a good history with ice. I like it, we use it all the time over here. I bowled on a variation of this shot but they moved the 1st 3 loads and distances around they shortened the length of the oil just in them 3 passes of forward. I used the smack down on it before was plus 30 for 5. But i want open minds to give me info Thank you Megamav for the quick reply !
Ball Speed 16.5
Rev Rate 320
Axis Rot 0 -60
Axis tilt 15deg
Axis point 5" over 1" up
rrb6699
THS Average: 235
Sport Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 4 ovr, 1 up
Speed: 12-18.5 mph at pin deck
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: 15#-Incognito, Obsession Sld, Altered Reality, Astrophyx Prl
Medium Oil Ball: 16# Quantum Violet, Honey Badger Rev, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: 15#: StarTrak Ureth -Sky Blue
Preferred Company: Radical, Storm/Roto, Brunswk

Post by rrb6699 »

that pattern looks to keep the lefties outside 10. the right side depends on how well the lane surface friction is resulting from lane care over the 10 years. amf surface tends to break down faster than brunswick. likely this is an HPL but not enough info to make a good guess since the lanes are 10 years old.

i'd say pick a good look. try all your equipment because you never know what will work. likely if you start outside and others are playing inside your shot you will need to make a big move . i have bowled on ice and sometimes only need to make minor moves or no moves.

this is all guess right now. the best thing to do is pick a good starting line and watch where others play. if your shot is with the other bowlers (most traffic) you can move off that. if you are outside the others you will likely need to make a bigger move and stay left of the wear area.

how many games is this event? that plus how many they put on a pair will affect how the shot breaks down.

rr
Tweenr-RH
300-(15) 290-(37) 280-(31)
Ser-1075-4gm, 867-3gm
speed dominant
Tilt: low°, Ax Rot: ~....°, PAP: 3 7/8 over- 1/2 up; Speed: 17.5mph Avg downlane
Several Wins/Top 5 Finishes-scr/hdcp tournaments.