Logging in...

You can post any forum related suggestions or feedback here.

Moderator: Moderators

glssmn2001

Logging in...

Post by glssmn2001 »

I was wondering if when you log in while reading a post if there is a way to get re-directed back to where you were, instead of it going all the way to the home page and the user having to navigate their way back to where they were.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Logging in...

Post by MegaMav »

unfortunately this is the behavior of the phpbb software, when you want to login without trying to access a part of the site restricted to registered users.

I recommend clicking reply to topic and logging in, it will redirect you to the reply screen, you can click the topic link at the top.

You also could login with "remember me", so you wouldnt have to login again until you clear your cache.

If more users think this would greatly enhance their experience here I can look into customizing it.
Right now my customization list of features I need to put in after upgrades is getting long.
Whenever we upgrade is takes me about 5 hours to customize everything again.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

MegaMav wrote:unfortunately this is the behavior of the phpbb software, when you want to login without trying to access a part of the site restricted to registered users.

I recommend clicking reply to topic and logging in, it will redirect you to the reply screen, you can click the topic link at the top.

You also could login with "remember me", so you wouldnt have to login again until you clear your cache.

If more users think this would greatly enhance their experience here I can look into customizing it.
Right now my customization list of features I need to put in after upgrades is getting long.
Whenever we upgrade is takes me about 5 hours to customize everything again.
I like the "remember" me option just fine
glssmn2001

Post by glssmn2001 »

No need to customize, not that big of a deal. This is just something I had noticed while browsing and figured I would throw it out there as a suggestion/feedback.